You are here

Transfer Station Information

Items Accepted

  • Garbage – household solid waste (including bulky items)
  • Glass bottles – any color
  • Metal food cans, aluminum foil & foil pie plates
  • Rigid Plastics #1 - #7; also milk & juice cartons, juice boxes, 
  • Paper products i.e. newspaper, magazines, catalogs, junk mail & phone books 
  • Paperboard i.e. cereal boxes, tissue boxes, paper towel rolls 
  • Corrugated cardboard 
  • White office paper 
  • Construction & demolition debris – e.g. wallboard, tile; roofing, not paint cans, 1 ton limit per 
    project, must fit in roll-off can;
  • Scrap metal – large & small
  • Appliances with Freon – don’t cut the lines, we’ll have the Freon drained and recycled, doors 
    must be removed from refrigerators
  • Tires – 4 passenger tire limit, no large equipment or truck tires
  • Brush & chippable yard waste – 8 foot length max, 1 ton limit per project; no stumps
  • Leaves – without branches or other yard waste. No grass clippings!
  • Used motor oil – not mixed with other fluids, 5 gallon limit; see Hazardous Materials page
  • Fluorescent bulbs 
  • Computers, TVs, printers, consumer electronics – with circuit boards or CRTs
  • Rechargeable Batteries – not alkaline; see Hazardous Materials page
  • Textiles – Clothing, shoes, linens, curtains, etc. Ripped or stained OK, not heavily soiled 
  • Books, audio books, CDs, videos, sports memorabilia, LPs, software, computer games
  • Plastic Film – Please see Miscellaneous Items page for additional informaiton

What We Do Not Accept

Asbestos: Call East Shore Health at 203-481-4233 or check the DPH Asbestos web page
Car Batteries: Take to any place which sells them
Construction/Demolition Debris: If more than 1 ton, get a dumpster.
Grass Clippings: We can't take them, leave on lawn or mix into your home compost
Latex or Oil based Paint and Stains: See Hazardous Materials Section
Pesticides: See Hazardous Materials Section 
Propane Tanks: Take to any place which sells them
Stumps, Large Tree Sections, and Brush: If more than 1 ton, get a dumpster.

Blue Recycling Bins

Recycling bins are in stock and available for pickup at the Transfer Station! Secondary bins are available for those residents who produce large quantities of recyclables. 


Last Updated: Mon, 06/17/2019 - 3:12pm